Year built: 1794
Location: Coruia is in the middle of the Land of Chioar, about 15 km south of Baia Mare taking the county road DJ 182 B.
Summary: The church of St. Anne – the only church dedicated to this patron saint in Maramureş County – is found right by the roadside, surrounded by a cemetery. The roof and the tall spire have been covered with plate metal, which rather spoils the whole.
The solid tower has midway up a band that divides it in two parts, and the very low arcade at the top has a total of five small arches on each side. There are four small turrets at the base of the spire.
The building is made from thick oak beams that are reinforced with pillars along the walls and on the corners, a rather unusual practice. A twisted rope, carved in relief goes around the whole structure.
The interior walls were painted in the beginning of the 19th century, and again 100 years later. The paintings are rather deteriorated, and mostly the walls are covered with framed icons and embroidered towels.