Year built: 1665
Location: Sârbi is situated in the valley of the Cosău River, 27 km south of Sighetu Marmaţiei, between the equally famous villages of Călineşti and Budeşti.
Summary: The church was built of massive oak beams of more than half a metre thick in the usual style of Maramureş churches of the 17th century.
Dendrochronological research confirmed a note written by hand on one of the oldest books kept in the church.
The church is situated on a small hill, in isolated peace and quiet, surrounded by a cemetery. Many of the wooden crosses are beautifully carved with twisted rope and rosettes. A long alley leads to the church from the village.
The roof that covers the main body of the rectangular church has double eaves. The polygonal chancel is covered with its own very tall roof with only single eaves. The tall tower sits atop of the pronaos, just above the entrance, as there is no porch on the west façade. The frame of the entrance door is very broad and divided into two frames by a band of twisted rope, one within the other.
Unfortunately, the interior mural painting has not been preserved, and the walls are only decorated with icons. Some of them are precious, such as Holy Mary on the Throne with Child Jesus, from the beginning of the 17th century, and two icons figuring St. Parasceva.
The top beams of the naos walls are decorated with the carved motif of twisted rope.
To facilitate the participation of women in the religious service, long openings were cut in the wall between the pronaos and the naos. The openings are very low, but long, a series of rounded arches supported by iron bars. The arches have been decorated with borders of geometric incisions.